Lately, I’ve been really into breakfast bowls with overnight oats and different combos of toppings. I realized that I’ve been posting them on my Instagram (see below) all the time but haven’t put anything on the blog!
As someone who has cooked my oats for the last 25 years…it was strange to try soaking my oats to soften them instead. But it is so easy! I have leisurely mornings since I work 11am – 8pm, but for those of us who need to eat breakfast on the go, this is perfect! You prep your breaky the night before and it’s all ready to take to work or eat in the car.
Overnight Oat Bowl
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup milk of choice (almond or coconut is my fave!)
- 1 tsp of maple syrup or honey to sweeten
- Optional: 1-2 tbsp of yogurt!
- Mix-ins of your choice (nuts, seeds, nut butters, dried fruit, etc.)
- 1 jar or small tupperware to store overnight
- Toppings of your choice (fresh fruit & berries, additional nuts, etc.)
- Combine all ingredients (except fresh toppings) in your jar
- Shake to mix thoroughly
- Put in fridge and go to sleep. (ZZZZzzzzzz)
- Wake up, add additional fresh toppings, and eat!
Easiest thing ever!!!!
Some of my favorite combos so far? Click the pics for descriptions. And follow my Instagram to never miss a breakfast bowl post!!!